Friday, January 24, 2014

Mung Beans with Brussels Sprout

 

My wood stove is calling. The heat is going pretty strong and there was nothing on top to cook. It took a second to remember Mung Beans would be best in this kind of given situation and make the most of it. The fire is going, heating the house and maybe cooking for free too. I got some bones to boil for the meat stock. I do not need a lot of meat in this dish as the Mung bean itself is so filling. I washed the Mung beans and add some water to the pot. The bone with little meat around it would be perfect to make my recipe tastes so good!

When the Mung bean opens up from rigorous boiling, it is time to add everything in it. Some people like to sauté the onions for desired aroma but I am trying to avoid oil this time. The bone itself will produce a little bit oil from whatever is attached to it, I'm sure and the stock made from boiling the bone will enhance the flavor of this recipe plus extra soup. I add the salt last to taste. The onions, garlic and salt, is something I enjoy personalizing by how I want the outcome of this recipe. In my case, onions and garlic are two of the few spices I always add when cooking. And a lot is what I want.
Since I only have Brussels sprout on hand, a few were thinly cut for the greens and added just before serving the dish. I like the taste of Brussels sprout cook swiftly less than a minute, sweet and the right crunch!

Ingredients:

2 cups Mung Beans
4 Cups Water
1 Whole Onion
1 Whole Garlic Cloves
1 Coconut Milk in can
Salt
Pork Bones/ Beef Bones 

No comments:

Post a Comment

This Blog is for entertainment purposes only. All content posted on this site is commentary or opinion and is provided for educational or entertainment purposes only.
Articles are from different sources and may not be accurate. I do not own all of the blogs.
The information given are not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, nor is this information meant to diagnose, treat, cure, or to prevent any disease of any kind. This blog assumes no responsibility for the use or misuse of this material. Your use of this site indicates your agreement to these terms and to always use with caution.
Read at your own risk. Do more research when you are in doubt. I enjoyed this article and hope you will, too. Thank you.