Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Liver And Rice




For the price of $1.30 and a cup of rice, my lunch is perfect!

I know some people are not fond of hearing the word "liver". People even say yuck as soon as the word jumps out of one's mouth, instantly visualizing it as a gross thing when in fact everyone on earth has it.  Well, I for sure is not one of them and love it! I grew up having Liver moment at home. Yesterday, I bought some from our local grocery and plan to make a lunch for me today. Just thinking about it brought memories from my childhood years and it was all good. So I got this little tab containing a few chicken livers for  the price of $1.30, enough for a meal or two, depending how much of the memories come back.
My saliva starts dribble inside my mouth and can't wait to have some although I don't really buy too often because of some concerns but whenever I miss home, it does help the homesickness feeling. My dad usually makes liver with onions but this time I decided to make it a little different. I use garlic instead of onions and it turned out good just like home.

Prepare rice - one cup of rice, 2 cup water and let it boil. As soon as it starts boiling, turn down the stove, letting it steamed until liquid disappears.  I am not an every rice eater so a rice cooker is out of my budget.

Next, wash the liver by running hot water through in a bowl and drain.

Ingredients:
3 Tbps vinegar
3 Tbps soy sauce
6 garlic cloves
3 Tbps olive oil for cooking

First, I heated the pan with the olive oil in it. I'm using a cast iron pan which I really enjoyed using. As soon as it starts heat up, grab the drained liver and transfer to the pan.  Stir them around, cooking each side at least 2 minutes, oil covering each of them. Then add the vinegar which will sizzle a bit, add the soy sauce and lastly the mince garlic. Garlic is a good antibiotic and the vinegar will cook the liver easier plus other benefits of vinegar. Mix them all up and cook a little bit more for 10-15 minutes, depending how you want it to be cook. The longer you let it cook, the liquid will turn stickier and liver drier.  And you're done.

Serve with rice. Yum!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

This Blog is for entertainment purposes only. All content posted on this site is commentary or opinion and is provided for educational or entertainment purposes only.
Articles are from different sources and may not be accurate. I do not own all of the blogs.
The information given are not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, nor is this information meant to diagnose, treat, cure, or to prevent any disease of any kind. This blog assumes no responsibility for the use or misuse of this material. Your use of this site indicates your agreement to these terms and to always use with caution.
Read at your own risk. Do more research when you are in doubt. I enjoyed this article and hope you will, too. Thank you.